The project stems from 26 years of experience gained while organizing the Etiuda&Anima International Film Festival.
The aim of the project is to strengthen the position of Krakow as a center of film culture both in Poland and abroad, especially in terms of the so-called "small and non-fiction film forms". As part of cultural and educational activities on the web, we intend to organize events that will promote, on a large scale, works in the field of artistic film, in particular animated, which are inaccessible to cinema viewers on a daily basis, as well as to familiarize them with the work in the field of short film, including in the field of students of film and art schools from around the world. The program is focused around animation and student etudes: meetings and interviews with the creators of Polish animation, online access to films awarded during the festival from the last 10 years, a series of illustrated lectures devoted to outstanding artists.
1. A series of illustrated lectures:
There will be 6 lectures (three are currently being edited, three more will be recorded at the beginning of December)
- Contemporary Polish female animation (Plucińska, Pajek, Bosek, Ziółkowska, Specht) – hosted by Olga and Michał Bobrowscy
- European film education in recent years - led by Marcin Markiewicz
Four themes to be prepared by Bogusław Zmudziński (long-term lecturer at the Department of Cultural Studies and Philosophy of the Faculty of Humanities of the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, founder and currently Artistic Director of the International Film Festival Etiuda&Anima. He specializes in the issues of social philosophy, aesthetics, theory and history of cinema)
- Animation is a visual art (Alkabetz, Quinn, Ushev, Schwizgebel, Dunbar)
- Self-portraits of animation creators (Yamamura, van Dijk, Tupicoff, Kucia)
- What (and how) can be animated? (Fleischer, Reininger, Barta, Urbanski, Lenica, Dumała)
- From still life to object animation (Borowczyk, Svankmajer, Quay brothers)
2. Interviews with the creators of Polish animation - seasoned Polish artists: Jerzy Kucia, Daniel Szczechura, Witold Giersz, Mariusz Wilczyński, Piotr Dumała, Izabela Plucińska will talk about their work, inspirations and experiences in conversations with Kamila Kołacz and Bogusław Zmudziński.
3. Publication of selected films awarded from the last 10 editions of the International Film Festival Etiuda&Anima, both student etudes and animations. The films will be presented on the Play Kraków platform for 6 months
School etudes awarded in recent years:
School animations awarded in recent years: