FOUNDATION FOR THE PROMOTION OF ARTISTIC, FILM AND AUDIOVISUAL CULTURE ETIUDA&ANIMA was formally established in October 2016, however, its founders: Bogusław Zmudziński and Katarzyna Surmacz operated for many years as part of the Rotunda Association. This activity is mainly focused around animated and artistic film, it includes both the organization of film and educational events.
The most important statutory objectives of the FOUNDATION:
- Organization of festivals, reviews and other national and international cultural events of an artistic nature, including primarily in the field of film, audio and visual arts;
- Organization of artistic events promoting Polish art, film and audiovisual work in the country and abroad;
- Initiating educational activities in the field of artistic, film and audiovisual culture;
- Organization of various types of workshops on artistic, film and audiovisual topics, both addressed to industry representatives and non-professionals;
- Promotion and distribution of audiovisual works
- Organization of conferences, seminars and scientific, popular science and journalistic lectures in the field of the Foundation's activities;
- Publishing activities of a scientific, popular science and journalistic nature in the field of the Foundation's activities;
- Publishing activities within the scope of the Foundation's activities.
In 2019, we continued the implementation of the oldest and largest events: the 26th Etiuda&Anima International Film Festival and the 11th Krakow Summer Animation Days, and we also organized several projects of new projects:
- We bring books to life
- Elevation-animation, i.e. mapping of the Small Market Square,
- Gotowanie na ekranie - Kraków Stolicą Gastronomiczną Europy 2019 (warsztaty kulinaro-filmowe),
- printout of the post-conference publication “Twisted Dreams of History. Propaganda, ideology and animation from the perspective of the V4 countries” edited by Olga Bobrowska, Michał Bobrowski and Bogusław Zmudziński.
In 2020, the FOUNDATION continues its current activities related to the promotion of film culture by implementing the main statutory objectives and organizing the most important projects:
- 27th Etiuda&Anima International Film Festival
- Polish School of Animation - 8th edition (the project takes place entirely outside the country, promotes Polish animation)
- 12. Krakow Summer Animation Days
- ANIMA_LS - animation workshops for teenagers
- running the Discussion Film Club
- print of the publication "Jan Švankmajer's film work - selected cultural contexts" Bogusław Zmudziński